Thursday, May 10, 2007

Experiences of a Software Engineer

Now that i am living my last days (hope fully) of my career as a software engineer, i thought i should reflect on this part of my career. Software industry is a different world all together... its very bad and its damn good...
So the story goes like this... Even after fucking up real bad in IIT, I somehow got my degree (that too ontime :-) ) and got a job at infy.... Ye sab dekh kar mere andar ka acha insaan jaga... socha ki bahut hui life main bakc*$$% from now i will be serious abt my life and career. Aur main ho bhi gya... Infy ki training main saarey assignments karna... project banana and all the stupid stuff... man i could never believe i was doing all that stuff.. but i was... But then the training ended and the big truth of software industry was thrown on my face.. I was on bench. Koi Na i thought ye sab 4-6 din ki baat hai.. apan ek dum ishtud hain.. sab aata hai.. 4-6 din main koi na koi to kaam de hi dega...par din mahiney ban gaye par koi nahi aaya...and after 4-6 months on bench I finally said good bye to infy and joined qwest.

Qwest wale bhaiya bole ki bada fodu kaam hai... badi strict deadlines hain... ye karna padega wo karna padega... and I was happy that finally i will get some work... my career will progress and more than happy i was intimidated... "will i be able to do this high techno stuff"..." will i be able to live upto their expectations"..."will they fire me"... yeah their made it sound like they were some super studs in techno or whatever... But then reality struck.... i got a project that never had any work... and never got finished... well at least has not got finished till now....

But apart from all these things its a great job... for one it pays real well... a lot many people may disagree with me but dude... who pays you so much for working 5-7 hrs a week... plus provides you with a computer with free Internet connection... AC and a comfy chair to do whatever you wanna do... you have all the time in the world to make prepare for CAT, GMAT. GRE or whatever.... you can sit in cafeteria all day and crib abt your manager and company still pays you for that.... what else would you want...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was touching...
and specially because iam in Infy :-)

Shantanu said...

sahi bola gandhi sahab.....aur kis industry main haramkhori ka paisa milta hai