Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Tryst with Air Sahara 2

Now I had those credit notes, but they were issued in the name of passengers (jimmy and his wife) and not me. I asked them to change it to my name... the conversation went like:

Me: If you would have returned the money, whom would you have returned it?
The Guy: Credit Card used for booking.
Me: That means not to the passenger.
The Guy: To whoever owns that card, the guy may not be the actual passenger.
Me: Exactly, now the tickets were booked by me. The Card details you have show my name... then y can not you give the note in my name.
The Guy: Company Policy sir.

Frustrated i took the credit note, and at that very moment asked them to book me a flight for Delhi on that credit note. But....

The Guy: Sir, only the person in whose name the credit note is can travel on it.
Me: What??? Can you tell me what does this note means... as far as I understand, it means that the holder of this note has the above mentioned credit with Air Sahara and can book tickets for it. Now that tickets can be in any name...
The Guy: Yes Sir, But for that we will need written letter from the owner of the note, authorising you to travel on this.
Me: My friends are in US...
The Guy: But we still need that letter.
Me: In whose name is the credit note.
The Guy: Mr. Gaurav Sharma and Ms Neha.
Me: Have you seen them, do you have any photo ID to identify them?
The Guy: No Sir.
Me: Do you have any specimen signature or anything else to identify them?
The Guy: No Sir.
Me: Do you know who booked the tickets?
The Guy: (looks at his computer) Mr Sameer Gandhi.
Me: Who filled for lost tickets refund?
The Guy: (looks at the application i had given) Mr Sameer Gandhi did... I mean you did.
Me: Who collected the Credit note?
The Guy: You did, just now.
Me: (highly frustrated) So you want an authorisation from someone, you have no way of identifying, for me who is the one who has booked, cancelled and collected refunds for the tickets.
The Guy: Yes sir, its the company policy.
Me: So the authorisation is necessary....
They Guy: Absolutely necessary.
Me: Since you do not have specimen signatures of the "owners" of the credit note, If i write the authorisation letter myself and sign it as the "owners" you will have to book tickets in my name....
The Guy: Yes Sir, if you get a letter, we will book the tickets.
Me: You will take a false letter but not understand a true problem.
The Guy: Sorry Sir... Company policy...

and the only thing i could do after that is to never travel air sahara again.

2 comments:

Mahitosh said...

Dude , tumne air sahara se travel karna bad kya kiya...airline hi bik gayi [:)]

Shantanu said...

hahahah good one mahitosh...ab dekho Gandhi sahab Ahmedabad main jakar kya kya band karate hain